Sunday, March 29, 2009

The adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 episode 14

Title- Misadventures in Babysitting (10/20/1990)

Worlds- Grass land, Brooklyn

I like this episode, despite how annoying JR was. I liked the parents and the way his Mum’s voice changes once she’s in the car. But the main point I liked was the sign of how dangerous the Mushroom Kingdom is. One of my loves of games is how there are towns and anywhere outside them is full of monsters and villains. I mean the way we got from the last episode squarely in Toad Town I’m guessing (only as it’s where Toad’s house is and the only town really shown in the Mushroom Kingdom) to this grass plane with various Ptooies and Boomerang Bros running around is really cool.

Also it’s nice to Brooklyn again, even if it’s only briefly. I love how proud the Mario Bros are of their heritage in this show, I mean if they’re going to be stereotypes, at least make them proud stereotypes. The appearance of Boom Boom was a great joy to me as even now he’s long forgotten, just like Chargin’ Chuck.

Finally I gotta say it’s weird Mario calling JR a plumbers helper as he essentially caused all the danger and then cried when he felt it was too much. Overall a great episode despite JR. Also gotta love his mum just accepting them throwing JR in the bath with his clothes still on.