Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 episode 25

Title- The Venice Menace (12/1/1990)


Worlds- Desert Land, Venice

Well we’re at the series final two-parter, and this is one of my favourite episodes. It’s not a true final episode, nor even a role reversal as I mentioned before, it’s just the Mario bros on their own, saving Venice in Italy. This is the only episode where Mario’s ever been to Italy and it’s great. I love the whole feeling something ‘in his bones’ thing Mario has going, and we see the Doomsub return, showing the writers do actually have somewhat of a memory.

We also get many cameos in the underwater part and later on. I love the scene where the place they’re staying is taken underwater during the night. The boat chase is pretty good as well.

Finally I gotta say I love the fact that the Mario bros mostly wear Gondolier outfits throughout most of the episode. Overall a great episode which actually puts Mario finally in his second home country.