Sunday, March 29, 2009

The adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 episode 10

Title- Tag Team Trouble (10/6/1990)

Worlds- Grass land

I love this episode. We get an episode that’s purely about a misunderstanding and also get an actual full on fight. There’s everything in this episode, cameos (the Sledge Bros), a wrestling match, some awesome side characters (The Masked Marauder and Jake the crusher Fungi) and even WHAT’S UNDER TOADS HAT. I can’t help but be reminded of the Glitz Pitz in PM2 when I see the wrestling match, and it’s fun to see Cheatsy attempt to fix the fight.

I also love the training montage with the pretty catchy song. Toads part is fun as well with the whole twist that he’s completely got the wrong end of the stick and essentially didn’t need to do anything. I also love how Koopa can just turn up in the Mushroom Kingdom and enter a wrestling competition despite the fact that he’s essentially public enemy no.1. It actually kinda goes with the way he’s in all the Mario Sports games.
Finally I gotta say I love the first appearance of the starman, especially the catchy music with it, as well as the running out of time sound from the Mario games as the rings Music cue. Overall a really great episode and one of my favourites.