Sunday, March 29, 2009

The adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 episode 12

Title- Misadventure of Mighty Plumber (10/13/1990)

Worlds- Grass land, Pipe Land

Another Pipe Land episode. I liked the various cameos here. I mean we actually see Hip rolling on a ball. I gotta say I love the part where the Piranha plant shoots out the message for the Mario Bros. Seeing Pipeland again and hearing the actual theme is cool, especially as the theme is actually even more awesome than the games theme.

The idea of a rival Plumber is actually really fun, especially the Indiana Jones look-alike. It’s something I wish we could see in a new Mario game, Wario VS Mario in a race for some object. I loved the Pipe Battering ram trick. Also the appearance of the Mario and Luigi dart boards from the last episode is a welcome reappearance.

Finally I gotta say I loved the idea of the Mario Bros learning all their moves from a TV show, kinda adds to the whole everyday man in a strange world feel of Mario. Overall a great episode.