Sunday, March 29, 2009

The adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 episode 11

Title- Oh Brother! (10/13/1990)

Worlds- Grass land, Pipe Land

I quite like this episode. Luigi gets an actual episode in which he saves the day (something he rarely got) and we get a few cameos. Kooky gets another starring role, and actually has quite a good plan. I mean those coins aren’t really doing anything there, and so why shouldn’t he take them? I suppose the point is that with the money there’d be even more Koopa could add to his army.

Anyway I like the fact that being stuck together is what causes the fallout between the brothers, and that we get to see that Mario’s a more dancing Music kinda guy, whereas Luigi’s a quiet reader. Also the first appearance of the Frog suit. I like the way they treat it like a rain coat. Also we get the first real underwater sequence (with various cameos). Another funny point is that Mario’s actually listening to one of the Koopa Kid’s songs.

Finally I gotta say, the way Mario fights Luigi is really quite violent, I mean trying to crack his skull open with a wrench as opposed to just using a fire flower. Also I liked the ending. Overall a great episode.