Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 episode 24

Title- Recycled Koopa (11/24/1990)


Worlds- Grass Land, Brooklyn

The second in the ‘important message’ duo, this episodes mainly meant to teach kids about not dumping litter or else you’ll all get turned into Koopa Zombies… Yeah… well the message isn’t really that well done at all, and I mean compared to the last episode, so I’m not saying it’s stupid compared to other cartoons from the era. Other than that though the episode was good, and the Koopa Zombies were actually pretty creepy, I mean in comparison to most things in this show. Also I loved the sort of dirtier animation in this episode, especially during the chase through Brooklyn.

Speaking of which, I think this is the only real episode set there in this series (it was sort of visited in Misadventures in Babysitting) so it was nice seeing the Mario Bros home actually being attacked.

Finally, was the Statue of Liberty talking really necessary? I mean I thought Mario finally had all the mushrooms getting to him. Overall an ok episode, even if the message is if you litter people will become Koopa Zombies….