Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 episode 16

Title- Kootie Pie Rocks (10/27/1990)

Worlds- Grass land, Dark Land, America?

This episodes pretty funny in an ironic way, as it’s the only guest stars in the show, and they apparently were found out to be lip-syncers only about two weeks after this episode aired, which meant that all future reruns had the songs edited out. As such the episode I have is pretty hilarious as they replaced the music with the generic music that they use in other episodes, so instead we get two lip-syncers moving their mouths while instrumental music plays.

Anyway, beyond that, this episode seems to be treated as a very special one, as the usual intro map isn’t used and the Grass land music sounds quite different (apparently it’s played with a down tempo mix.) but really it’s one of my least favourite, which is funny as I didn’t see it as a kid and so it always felt like a rare episode which I’d never get to see, which usually makes me savour it later when I actually see it. Anyway Kooper himself was pretty funny here, as were the Mario bros various outfits (especially as the backup band with mops on their heads)

Overall I’ve said a lot about this episode but really, it’s my second least favourite, and other than a couple of funny moments, it’s pretty dull.