Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 episode 26

Title- Super Koopa (12/1/1990)


Worlds- Grass Land, Paris

This is the final episode of the series, and I gotta say it’s pretty good, even if I feel ‘7 Continents for 7 Koopa’s’ should have been the finale. I mean Koopa finally finds a way to just straight forwardly take the Mario Bros down and even gets them to a place where they can’t get any powerups.

The fight was pretty good for this show, I mean it won’t hold a candle to The Spectacular Spiderman or BTAS, but then you’d be pretty crazy to expect that anyway. Still the sheer amount of powerups used are pretty cool.

The only problem with this episode is the DVD has a huge chunk of it corrupted, apparently due to the Master tape being that way when they got it. Finally you can’t mention this episode without the Kuribo (or karubi) shoe. It’s pretty cool and as it’s only episode it’s adds to the mix well. Overall a great episode.

And that’s it. This is my favourite Mario series and I’m sad that it became so bad in the next series. I admit it’s hardly Batman The Animated Series, nor even Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But I enjoyed it, despite how bad the texture errors were and the often flawed logic. It’s all good fun. (Well except ‘Life’s Ruff’)