Sunday, March 29, 2009

The adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 episode 3

Title- Mind your mummy mommy, Mario (9/15/1990)

Worlds- Desert Land

Yeah, I like this episode, although there are a couple of real quibbles which wouldn’t matter if they weren’t mentioned. I’ll get them out of the way first. Toad’s House is now for some reason in Desert Land, now I can accept that, as Toad in the games has huts everywhere, or at least there are Toad houses (I don’t think it’s the same Toad in each one.) But why is Kastle Koopa also in Desert Land? It would be acceptable to think that Koopa’s using his fortress in Desert Land if they didn’t specifically say it’s in Dark Land.

Right, ranting over. Anyway, Hip and Hop… hmm… they’re supposed to be annoying being Koopalings an’ all and they’re in most of my least favourite episodes, but I don’t dislike them, they do what they’re there for, they nick a sarcophagus they don’t needlessly get the centre of attention, they just try to impress Koopa, who loves the fact his two youngest whipped Mario and Luigi. The Mummy queen was annoying, she was cool when she was flipped and smashing things but she’s so thick, I mean even more than most the characters in the show, she just doesn’t listen to anything.

The main character I actually liked was the map dude, he has all the makings of an annoying character but he rocked, I mean what could be uncool about a guy who sits in a chair in the middle of the desert selling maps all day? Another cool coincidence is that he and all the other people in Desert Land actually match the desert Toads who later appear in Paper Mario.

Overall a good episode and a nice use of Desert Land.