Thursday, May 31, 2007

Captain N episode 26

Title- Germ Wars (December 29, 1990)

Game- I honestly don’t know

I get the feeling that this episode was intended as a finale, as is shown by the real season 2 finale being a clipshow. I don’t think that a season 3 was planned, as it seems to be an entirely different show. The main reason I think that this episode is a finale though, is simply role reversal. After Kevin repeatedly saving videoland, Kevin is saved by the N team.

I loved the use of the virus to be defeating Kevin, it was a great way to show, regardless of Kevin’s knowledge, he didn’t belong here, he was out of place and in danger because of it.

I loved the way Simon’s personality had changed, whereas he originally loathed Kevin, he now really feels sorry for him, it shows how used he’s got to Kevin and how he’s mellowed. My favourite music came on again when they shrink. I’ve always found that body episodes of shows are usually the best, and here’s no different, we’re shown how even people are like video games in videoland.

Another great point, despite his voice actor change, Melvis and Faxanadu return. Duke going around there was great, especially as we got to see various dungeons, shops and armour. Duke was pretty cool regardless of speech.

Finally the villain was great, he looked disgusting and was threatening. Virus like enemies are always great as they’re simply trying to survive, they aren’t evil, they just need the body, this was shown well at the end with Cell (a lackey) simply saying to Keving ‘you’re not one to hold a grudge?’

Overall a fitting ending to the series and the last true episode in my eyes. Season 3 just seems like another show.