Thursday, May 31, 2007

Captain N episode 24

Title- I Wish I Was a Wombatman (December 15, 1990)

Game- Errr… Batman?

Well, I’ve read that this episode is controversial with the fans due to it’s nature, not being based on a game. But I find as an episode it’s a great little one off. Whilst not strictly based on a game as is said, it makes great use of the tv show it’s obviously based on, with Wobatman’s personality funny as a tired overweight action show star. This is the same Wombatman seen on the tv in episode 3 by the way.

Mother Brain used the hero in her plan to take over by kidnapping his girlfriend and blackmailing him. I couldn’t help but be reminded of the Mario bros 3 episode with Dadziller when the robot attacked at first. Kid Icarus also gets his rare character building moments in this episode, and the idea of Simon appearing in a show is hilariously in character, but honestly there’s not a lot else I can really say about this episode.

Overall a good episode with nice characterisation.