Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Legend of Zelda episode 13

Title- The Moblins are Revolting (1/12/1989)

At last, the finale. And it’s actually my personal favourite, but it’s not as good as ‘That Sinking Feeling’. I love the opening. Link actually made me smile with his ‘wow, I am good…’ line, a real rarity in this show. What I love most though is that Gannons forces actually wage and all out attack on Hyrule Castle, with siege towers and everything. Admittedly it all goes nowhere as they all kill themselves through their incompetence, but it makes this episode actually something it hasn’t been till now. Funny.

Overall with this episode, I’d say that they’ve finally actually made an episode, that’s really quite good. It’s a nice end to a very boring series.

And that’s it for the Zelda series in animation. If there ever was a plan for a film, it should without a doubt be animated, as something as silly as a guy dressed as a fairy killing a Giant Pig really wouldn’t translate to live action well at all in my opinion. So yeah, overall the series sucks, I’ve just been kidding myself about it not being awful to get through it sane (which didn’t work.) As such, it has ok moments, but other than that, really don’t bother, it feels like watching the same thing over and over again, and it wasn’t enjoyable to begin with.