Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Super Mario Bros Super Show Episode 5

Title- Rolling down the River.

Ok, I actually don’t know what this episode was based on (and I doubt many kids who watched it had a clue either) but I found it far more enjoyable than the last episode. The setting was more interesting, the characters were more fun and Koopa was pretty humorous. Mark Twang was a cool character, I was going to say an unusual character to help the Mario Bros, but then again there weren’t really a set character stereotype in this show who would team up with the Mario Bros so I guess really I’d be wrong there. The mouth of the river was kinda cool, and reminded me a lot of the character in Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Tia Dalma who was also in a swamp. I dunno really why I thought of her actually…

There were actually some quite funny moments, like the ‘heroes’ being the ones who were cheating at cards. Also there was a cameo from Clawgrip, the only boss of the game SMB2 who never was a second in command to Koopa.

Overall a pretty fun episode, I’d say slightly above average for the series.