Friday, June 1, 2007

Captain N episode 33

Title- The Fractured Fantasy of Captain N (October 26, 1991)

Game- Final Fantasy

This is it, the finale, and whilst for Final Fantasy fans it’s a bit of a disappointment, it’s still a pretty cool episode. I still believe the series ended with Germ wars, and series 3 was just a few episodes showing us what the N team’s doing now, but this episode is still a good, if not fitting, last episode.

Based on Final Fantasy, it only follows part of the game’s storyline from what I’ve seen, I’m not too up on Final Fantasy, especially the newer ones, but I think Astos is only a small part of the game. Anyway, we get to meet the witch with the broom which sadly doesn’t talk backwards. I think I met the Prince during my Final Fantasy crusade but here he reminded me of Simon, but much more successful, strangely, Simon, Duke and Gameboy weren’t even in the last episode.

Kevin’s taken over by Astos and shows us that he has secret greed within, which for the pretty flat characterization in series three, is pretty good. Astos was pretty boring actually, and his transformation was less threatening than his gaurds. Plus he’s not even beaten by the N team, they run from him.

Overall a pretty good episode which could have been so much better. Well that’s it. The series over.

To be honest, up to series three, there were no real bad episodes, sure there were a couple of mediocre ones, but mostly they were good. Series three I’ll repeat seemed like it was trying to continue the show unnecessarily, it seemed a few stunts such as the two sports stars were tried and failed to be honest. There were the few good ones but the bad ones dragged the season down.